Thursday, March 20, 2014

Well, it’s been a long time between drinks. I fired up the old client and jumped into an Enyo. It looks like an Incursus so how hard can it be?

I play around with a few fittings and, whilst I think the rail Enyo is probably a better solo ship I start with a Blasty version since I’m a bit rusty:

[Enyo, Zappity’s Blasty MWD range]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I

Plus the lonesome Hobgoblin II which I forgot in EFT. Good fit? No idea but it looks fun. I am going after other Assault Frigates or Destroyers or Cruisers or basically anything larger and slower than me. I am not too worried about being scram-kited since the TE lets Null hit out to the edge pretty effectively. Kite-scrubbing Condors (et al) will still be a problem though.

I spy a Thrasher in a plex and decide to pay him a visit. He warps away as soon as I land. Huh, I was expecting a fight there based on the killboard. Maybe my Enyo is scary! Let’s not get carried away, though. I warp to my safe, align back to the plex and try the old ‘wait until he appears on the 90 degree scan before hitting warp’ trick. I could have sworn I landed the scram when we touch down together but unfortunately he manages to sneak away. Before giving up entirely I try the log off trick from within the plex, only to find that you are dropped at the gate instead of inside.

Oh well, let’s see what happens in the next system.

An enticing Rupture, that’s what! And a decent pilot if the board is anything to go by. Lured by the thought of a cruiser kill I warp into the plex. He is sitting 15 km from the beacon so I burn to him with a couple of overheated MWD cycles before tackling and going into a close orbit, hoping to get under his guns. He sets his drones onto me so I sick my lone but valiant Hobgoblin on him in return.

Now one big problem with this fit is that cap is really tight. I am constantly juggling the modules to keep him in range and tackled without ruining my cap. And yet I manage to get him into armour with some of my own shield remaining, and then into structure. My reps are still going strong so it looks like I have this one in the bag!

And then my guns burn out. Oh bother.

Well, you can’t win them all and I definitely lost this one. That was REALLY annoying - entirely my fault and a nice kill lost. I was too busy watching my cap and not used to the longer time it takes to burn through a cruiser. The pilot is friendly and we part ways after a bit of chat. Oh well, there’s always next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment