Thursday, March 20, 2014

I fitted the vampy Enyo up and set a waypoint for Oicx, a hotspot in the map.

[Enyo, Vampy Ions]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

1MN Afterburner II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Light Ion Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I
Light Ion Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

A few jumps out I found a kitey Firetail, Hookbill and Algos. I don't think they were a team (well, they certainly didn't act like one) and I managed to have a private meeting with the Algos. It didn't last very long - I think he was a new player but he didn't choose to convo. Oh well, his loss.

Kill: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=21654673

I repaired, reloaded and undocked to the sight of a Vexor in the medium plex. A process of elimination identifies it as belonging to a unista but I'm not biased. I warp into the plex to find him sitting on the beacon.

I unload everything onto him except the scram. I guessed by his proximity to the beacon that he was not fit for kiting and that he would not be frightened off by a mere frigate. Hmm, a lot of guessing now that I think about it.

Anyway, I was right. I controlled range (i.e. right on top of him in a close orbit) and kept the pressure up. When his armour started to dip I slapped the scram on and turned off the heat from the guns for a while. We crept lower and lower together, both entering hull at about the same time.

I was watching his hull closely as we both dipped below 25%. I kept telling myself that he was dropping faster than me and didn't align out for pod-saving for fear of giving him better tracking.

And then, one of EVE's nastiest sound effects: "Your capacitor is empty." He had exactly ONE bar of hull left when the message came. I couldn't believe it.

And then my drone popped him.

I couldn't believe that, either! Nearly burnt out across the board, running low on Void, nanite paste long gone from the AAR, and only 6% hull left! Easily one of the best fights I have ever had. Thanks Mr Unista, gf.

Kill: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=21654648

No comments:

Post a Comment