Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lowsec kill, Slicer: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20667213

I ran into a Sentinel in my Comet the other day. It had absolutely brutal neuting and reduced me to a powerless wreck in about 30 seconds.

So I have been thinking about how to improve the Comet's survivability against neuting opponents. I don't think the capacitor is adequate for a neut and I don't want to screw either my dps or tank (yes, I want it all!). Enter today's fight...

[Federation Navy Comet, Electron vampire]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

Light Electron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Light Electron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]

Hobgoblin II x3

The above fit can probably be classed as 'dubious' but one advantage is that it switches from my usual Neutron fit very easily. So when I saw two Slicers in a plex, probably from the same corp according to local, I docked and switched.

I have often seen Slicers host a neut and a significant armour tank, although a nano MWD fit is also popular. Whatever. Let's go.

I warp into the large plex at 50 km and, sure enough, one of the Slicers runs me down from 35 km (MWD fit) and points me before I can warp out. The Slicer is careful to keep distance and I think that my ability to land a tackle is unlikely.

The second Slicer, though, is less cautious and I catch him with an overheated scram when he comes too close. I web him and set the dps and vampire on him.

The Electron II's have extremely short range but their excellent tracking means that Void works pretty well on frigates. I burn at him and start hitting at about 2 km. And I hit him hard. Even with the dps from both Slicers on me I am still able to destroy him. Huh, he didn’t even have a neut so I might as well have been in my normal fit after all! Of course, I then die in a fire to the kiting Slicer but what the hell, a fair exchange I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment