Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Wolf that got away. Sigh.

I was tootling through lowsec in an Incursus scaring the cloaky farmers in their plexes: Merlin, Merlin, Executioner, Atron, Merlin (this is getting ridiculous), Incursus, Condor. Why doesn't anyone want to fight me? And then a Wolf in a Small plex.

A look at the killboard suggests she is autocannon fit so I am not too keen to go in with a blasty Incursus against that T2 tank. But Eszur is only a couple of jumps away so I hop over and jump into a rail Comet.

[Federation Navy Comet, Rails]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Warp Disruptor I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

125mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S (yes, my fitting skills are not the greatest)
125mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin II x3

The Wolf is still there when I get back and is waiting on the beacon when I land. I burn away and start plinking away from 7500m along with my drones. Sure enough, she is auto fit which is good news.

I am taking damage but nothing I can't handle. The Wolf has a large buffer fit but before long she is in low armour. At this point I see that I only have one nanite repair paste left in the repper and quickly right-click to disable the auto-reload (damn AAR auto-reload!)

Unfortunately, at this precise moment of distraction the Wolf must have figured out that the end was nigh and overheated the burner in the opposite direction to break scram. And away she warps. Sigh.

Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment