Thursday, March 20, 2014

Time for a Slasher test drive. Here is my fit. Again, I have no idea if it is good but I can’t see what’s really lacking apart from having to be careful with cap. If it turns out to be too limiting I might switch it to a vamp. The range of the 150s is a bit short for my liking but the ambits take it out past the edge of neut range:

[Slasher, Zappity's 150mm TD]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

1MN Afterburner II
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption Script
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I

I am looking for turret frigates. I don’t really care what sort. I wish that CCP would hurry up and make than missile disruption module! I could carry one around with me and swap out as needed. But in the meantime, there is a Slicer in that there plex! Let’s have a go.

He is MWD fit but I manage to slingshot him into scram range, after which I can comfortably orbit him at 5 km. He starts to hit my poor little ship pretty hard until I remember that I have a TD. I apply optimal range disruption and his damage ceases immediately. Huh, that’s pretty nice.

I knew this would be an armour fight so I had RF Fusion loaded. His shield takes AGES to go down and I wonder whether EMP or Phased Whatsit would have been better to start with. I don’t like the thought of a 10 second reload delay, though, and the main fight will surely be fought in armour.

Regardless, his shield does go down eventually and suddenly the Fusion starts to work properly. His reps are keeping up but I don’t imagine they will be happy about the neut.

And then someone in a Retribution warps in and locks me up! How rude. So away I warp, not fancying my chances against both ships at once. Not until I’m a bit more used to the ship anyway. The Slicer lives to fight another day but I am determined to get SOMEONE with my shiny new ship!

The next attempt sees me pitted against a Firetail. There are two of them from the same corp and I choose the older one given that the other is only a few days old. I want a proper test, not some noob kill! He is sitting on the beacon at zero and I immediately run to 5000 metres and try the optimal range disruption trick.

As I write this, I realise that this was probably a mistake given that the Firetail would have been fit with projectiles which have bugger all optimal anyway. And, of course, nothing happens to his damage output. I switch to tracking speed disruption and immediately get a drop. At this point I should have orbited him at 500 instead of 5000 but, um, I didn’t. He was still hitting me and my reps didn’t keep up.

So I died. But at least I figured out what I did wrong! And I DID get through his shield before I popped, so that’s something at least.

Yes, I am an eternal optimist.

After dieing to a well-coordinated gang (http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20893181) I meet a noob in a rail-fit Incursus. There isn’t much to write here except that I had warped into Stilnox IX three times during the evening before I finally caught him. I have the optimal range disruption script running, thinking he was blaster fit, but despite having rails he still doesn’t hit me hard whilst orbiting at 5 km. He actually has a pretty reasonable fit so perhaps his Gunnery skills are still a little weak.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20897660

We have a good chat afterwards and swap fits. Props for a gf and also for being my first Slasher kill!

No comments:

Post a Comment