Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm back! A small detour through null didn't work out for me. It was entirely my fault - I'm too busy with work/family for organised fleets at the moment. Casual is the name of the game.

Anyway, I arrived back in lowsec and zipped over to Hevrice in an interceptor. Hmm, let me see what's in my hangar. Ah! An Incursus! A slightly tweaked fit tonight:

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Adaptive Nano Plating II

Afterburner II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Light Ion Blaster II, Null S
Light Ion Blaster II, Null S
Light Ion Blaster II, Null S

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Nano Pump whatsit I
Hobgoblin II x1

I set a course for the Amarr/Minmatar zone just to warm up. Things seemed quiet so I frankly didn't expect much action. Just one jump out of Hevrice, however, I spot a Rifter. A Rifter Krusual Edition, what's more.

Brand new and expensive paint job, only good pilots in system apart from THAT one which might be links... What the hell. Let's go. I hear the Rifter received a small speed buff lately, as well as a falloff bonus. That means a scram range kiting fit in my book so I load Null on the way into the plex.

Yep, a kite fit and a bloody good one. She is very fast and I can only keep hitting with my short range ions by overheating my burner. Good job I had Null loaded. I really should have fit the Meta 4 web, though. We both hit armour at about the same time and our reps kick in. I remembered to turn off the auto-reload and even unleash my drone!

But I am slowly burning up. I figure she must be as well but I just hang on, very slowly chipping away at her armour. Suddenly, the distance starts to close. I think she has cut the heat! Well, Thermodynamics V sure paid off. I kill the heat as her hull ticks down and...pop.

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37472680/

Sadly, I miss the pod. Still, a nice welcome back to low. I think I need to have a closer look at that Rifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment