Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chrstine Peeveepeeski just reminded me about the thread in local. So have another...

Well, that was embarrassing… I was killed by a nasty Condor earlier today. She should be ashamed, assaulting the noble Incursus hull with such kitescrubbery.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20815048

Then, a few hours later, I am again looking for trouble when I come across the same Condor running plexes! I’m gonna have him, I decide. I hop back a few jumps and get into my trusty Kitescrub Catcher:

[Incursus, Kitescrub Catcher]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Overdrive Injector System II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Light Ion Blaster II, Null S
Light Ion Blaster II, Null S
Light Ion Blaster II, Null S

[empty rig slot]
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Hobgoblin II x1

Being an Incursus, it has the advantage of not arousing the natural cowardly instincts of your typical kitescrubber. Completely useless against a normal afterburner fit unless you have extremely good reflexes, though.

I head back to the system where the noxious specimen was observed and, hooray, he is still there! I warp straight into the plex and, when I land, move away from the other ship at afterburner speed, as though aligning out.

He hit the MWD at about 40 km and started closing fast. I approached with a single overheated MWD cycle, landing a scram and web and managing to stay in range. The rest, as they say, is history.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20817384

So, where is the embarrassing part? Well, after gf’s in local the other pilot good naturedly mentioned that he might get his revenge in the future. “This WAS my revenge!”, I reply triumphantly. “You killed me earlier!” After which a private convo revealed that, actually, it was just a pilot with a similar name. Well, they started with the same initial.

Oops. What a noob. Props to Noxam Sherei for a gf and good attitude.

My real target was, unfortunately, offline at this point but I will get her eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment