Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tormenting a noob

I just had an exciting experience. With my freighter! Not exactly a typical Zappity story, I know but I bought a freighter for my alt. Ishomilken borders the highsec system Usi and I am terribly lazy. So I bought a freighter for my alt to bring my hulls in with. Since I am EXTRA lazy, I have been getting the hulls public couriered to Usi, meaning that I don't have to endure many freighter jumps.

Anyway, I jumped the freighter into Ishomilken and set up a limited engagement with Zappity before decloaking for the warp to the station dock bookmark. As soon as it decloaked Zappity locked and double-webbed it. The freighter entered warp instantly - that really is a cool trick. Rinse and repeat on the way out after using the insta-undock bookmark. Anyway, not very exciting for you guys but quite satisfying and filled with tension for me! At least it was the first time I did it. I’m already bored with freighters (it really doesn't take long) although they are extremely useful.

And because you read this far, I will also tell you about a noob I killed in a Tormentor. My interest was aroused by the name on his ship: "#2 of 6". I initially thought it was an attempt to scare off potential killers by suggesting there were other ships waiting in the wings. Naturally I took no notice of this and went for the throat regardless. A very odd fit:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/39186722/

I chatted with the pilot in local and asked what went on. He was a new PvPer and was planning on learning by trial and error. His first task was to lose six Tormentors, each with different fit styles. Great stuff! So I killed him again:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/39186757/

I sent him 20m and left him alone after that, not wanting to scare him off. Next, I came across a Hawk who clearly wanted a fight. I gave him one for the minute it took for it to become clear that I couldn't quite break his shields. So I cheated and summoned a corpie in another T1 frigate who happened to be in system at the time.

A neutral Executioner arrived as we were breaking him down. Those things can have nasty DPS if they are fit for scram kiting so I watched him closely, ready to switch to him if he was too aggressive. I was pretty confident I'd be able to punch through his defence if he was damage fit. But he scarpered to 30km immediately, leaving me to wonder what he was there for.

The Hawk died. It was tremendously satisfying for some reason:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/39187298/

Oh, and what was in the freighter at the outset? A stack of Thorax and Vexor hulls, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment