Saturday, June 28, 2014

Murdering a Moa

Well, I changed my fit and got more DPS and tank. Told you it wasn't going to be hard. Mostly because the last fit was rubbish but never mind that. Here is the new fit:

[Thorax, dual rep electrons v2]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
10MN Afterburner II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Valkyrie II x5

It will tank 420 dps sustained and has stable cap as long as the charges last. 300dps with electrons and 420 with drones, Now I just have to find myself another Moa to fight. So I set off west into the heart of the Cal/Gal zone with a route up north planned out. I spot a Scythe Fleet Issue on scan a few jumps out and excitedly warp off to a safe to scan him down. Unfortunately the ship was skulking at a POS with a pilot.

Two jumps later, I see a Moa on scan. And there are only two pilots in system, reducing the chance of getting horribly blobbed. He isn't at a plex so I wander off to a Medium and barely have time to get settled in when I spot him on short scan.

I am nervous and completely stuff things up when he warps in. First, I target the plex beacon and get a pop-up asking me if I really want to attack the thing. No, of course I don't. Then I try to target the Small plex next door (slightly out of targeting range at 3 AU). I finally get it right and target him, set an orbit and set my drones on him.

I don't start by overheating my guns, wanting to reserve the extra damage to break through his peak shield recharge more quickly. Overheating my normal repper handled most of the damage and I only had to use the ancillary for a few cycles.

His shield broke pretty quickly when I started overheating and he died, just like that. I snaffled his loot and made my escape. Ha! My first kill in a cruiser!

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23103998

No comments:

Post a Comment