Sunday, June 8, 2014

A strange Harpy

So, a Harpy. I can take him in a rail Comet, can’t I? Um, sure... I am even less convinced when I finally get eyes on him and see that he is rail fit. I certainly wouldn’t be kiting him effectively. But what the hell, let’s go.

I jump on him and land a scram and web. I disable the scram as soon as I see he is afterburner fit (I figure he won’t run from a little Comet) and set my distance to 7500m, chipping away at his shield. He is hitting me pretty hard so I dive into a close orbit and turn my guns off, leaving the job of attacking to my drones. He spots this and immediately switches his web and guns to my hobbies, making short work of them. As he does this I switch back to range and start pounding him again.

His shield is dropping pretty fast and I expect his repper to kick in any second. But then he drops into armor, just as he starts firing at me again. That’s strange! I unleash my second flight of three drones and keep hammering away, hoping to beat him down before he kills me (or remembers his reps).

And then his armour jumps up! Even stranger! Needless to say I am VERY interested in seeing his fit now so I keep up the damage until he pops.

Kill: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=22981839

I don’t know what to say. It just goes to show: if in doubt, fire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment