Friday, April 4, 2014

I am STILL in the rail comet which is surprising since my ships usually die far more often than this. First up I clubbed a baby seal in a brawling Enyo (http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=22270184). I just hit keep at range and kitescrubbed him to death. I felt a bit bad about it to be honest. Brawling seems much more honest, somehow.

But he didn’t say ‘gf’ so bugger him.

The next one was a bit strange:

Ship: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=22270185
Pod: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=22270183

A very odd pod for an AFK farmer! He actually messaged me later and told me that nature had called at an inopportune moment (“took a piss, hope it looks good on the old kill board”). Oh well, these things happen.

By now I’m getting a bit bored of the rail Comet so decide to find some destroyers to fight. It is US timezone so things are a bit busier than usual for me. There are lots of frigate gangs wandering around, trying to pick fights with innocent Comets. The rest of the corp is picking fights with them but I am in an antisocial mood this morning. I keep an eye on things while hunting for a suitable target.

Finally, a Coercer! Things seem to be hotting up for the fleet with some juicy targets but I can’t resist a long destroyer. I hop into the plex and find him sitting at zero. I guess he is blaster fit and the rapid disappearance of my shield confirms this suspicion! I overheat the afterburner and, before you know it, I’m at the edge of overheated scram range. He is still hitting me but my drones tip the damage and his armour starts to drop.

And then a Thrasher appears on scan. I check the arrangement of the celestials and notice that I am pretty well placed to align away from both the beacon (where the Thrasher will land) and the Coercer. I stay. The Coercer has just hit structure when the nasty Thrasher lands. They aren’t in the same corp but I still have deep suspicion about his intent. Probably a cunning plan along the lines of “Kill the weakened loser”. I check the Coercer: half hull. Time to align.

Sure enough, he locks me just as I finish off the Coercer and finish aligning and hit warp.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=22290859

Then I check the fleet notices and see that they have all been destroyed in a medium plex. Oops, I probably should have been helping! No doubt I would have even lost the Comet!

No comments:

Post a Comment