Monday, October 13, 2014

A first look at the solo Myrmidon

First, a shout-out to dokin-chan who said hello to me in local yesterday and probably thought me very rude when I didn't reply. I was AFK, of course.

I wanted to fly the Myrmidon. The slot layout looks like a monstrous brawling Thorax with a MJD. What more could I want? This fit was inspired by the Crossing Zebras EFT video with JEFFRAIDER (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvGV8F-0FvQ&list=UU27ryw5JinHFpd8qdjSa4uA). In my defence against lack of imagination, I didn't like the first two fits he presented, thinking that a plate + MAAR arrangement would be stronger. And then he fit it! I made some minor tweaks to arrive at the fit below but the principle is the same:

[Myrmidon, lowsec solo v1]

Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II

Medium Micro Jump Drive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Warrior II x5
Ogre II x4
Praetor II x3

665 DPS (215 guns, 450 drones), 65k EHP, cap stable at 53%, reps 19k over 61 seconds.

(By the way, if you are interested in doing ENT or PYFA but don't know how go back and watch his first one on the Rattlesnake. It has a good intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwksoYR8aGs&list=UU27ryw5JinHFpd8qdjSa4uA)

So how did I want to fly this? My idea was that small gangs would throw themselves at me, breaking apart under my withering fire, unable to flee due to my double webs. Muahaha!

Kite-scrub frigates wouldn't be able to hold me because the MJD ignores long point. Anything within scram range would be punished by the heavies and electrons with double-web tracking.

Enter lowsec Amarr-Min FW zone. I found a fight after about 15 minutes. I actually found one earlier than that but since the system was infested by PL pilots I decided to skip it. I always liked the name Phoebe.

On scan was a Daredevil, Enyo and Punisher. I thought that would be a reasonable test since a) they would all be set up to hurt my drones and, b) they would all want to get under my guns which is pretty much where I wanted them. Anyway, they were ganging up on me so I had no sympathy. And I really wanted to kill the Daredevil.

I opened a new Large plex, landed at 10km and aligned back to my safe. They landed just after me so I locked them all up. They all went straight into a tight orbit so I scrammed and double-webbed the Daredevil.

He went down fast! http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23889581

Next, the Enyo. My damage slowed right down when he reached half armour. I  wondered what was wrong because I saw that he was still in range of my guns. Then I remembered that I was mostly a drone boat and realised that they had murdered most of my little buddies! I hadn't been watching while they had quite rightly been focusing on the part of my DPS that they could destroy. How rude.

I launched some more and started watching more carefully, trying to recall the more damaged specimens before they popped. And then the Enyo died while trying to pull range for an escape! Ha!

Enyo: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23889582

By the time he went down I had lost almost all my heavies and was deep into my Warrior stash. Honestly, I need to work on drone control. Do hot keys work on individual drones? Must check. And the drone bay in the Myrmidon is rubbish!

Anyway, by this time all I was worried about was more opponents warping in. I approached the Punisher to keep him in range of my guns. He was out-tracking my electrons quite nicely despite two webs but he exploded as soon as he tried to pull range to escape.

Punisher: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23889583

Before warping out I bookmarked the Daredevil wreck just in case there was some tasty loot. Unfortunately, the kill mail disappointed with a distinct lack of shiny modules.

Still, 3-0 and in warp to the safe! What a great ship!

Video: http://youtu.be/j40mY3GEvdA

No comments:

Post a Comment