Saturday, June 7, 2014

Messing about with a SFI

A Stabber Fleet Issue was stalking me around the system while I was tootling about in my Algos. I guess he wanted some attention so I decided to give it to him in the form of an Enyo:

[Enyo, Zappity’s vampy ions]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

1MN Afterburner II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I
Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Light Ion Blaster II, Void S

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

I undocked to find him waiting for me on the docking ring. I told you he was stalking me. Since I don't like station games I used my insta-undock before making my way to the Medium plex. He must have guessed my intention because he landed at the same time on the acceleration gate.

We were only 10 km apart so I went straight into a 500m orbit after turning everything on. He landed a single solid hit on me with his guns which destroyed my shield but that was the only time his guns were relevant. And then he launched his drones, five Warriors which I instantly targeted and started blapping with my blasters. He didn't notice until I had killed three in quick succession. He then pulled the remaining two before launching a fresh set of five. So I started killing them, too.

His drone DPS was pretty good and my repper was running hot, slowly burning up. Unfortunately, my cap was going in the opposite direction and starting to look worryingly low by the time I judged up could give the repper a break. He pulled his last two drones back just in time and I immediately turned the repper off to let my cap recover. Just in time!

And so we settled down to it. I reloaded and repaired my repper, switched to Void and tried to break his tank. He dipped into structure but then started repping immediately. And again. And again. And again.

And again. Stalemate! I considered logging an alt in to neut him out but decided that it wouldn't be particularly satisfying after such a good fight. He had turned his scram off, either to conserve cap of to encourage me to leave I can't say. So I waited until my orbit was roughly pointing in the right direction and warped back to the station. I complimented him on his tank (which I suspect was dual repper) and we parted ways.

So no kill mail for your perusal, unfortunately. However, it was probably something like this earlier loss:


Tanky enough for my 346 DPS. A shame - it would have been a nice kill. Still, I successfully managed my tank, heat, reloads, repairs and cap as well as the opponent’s damage. Quite satisfying despite the lack of a kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment