Saturday, June 14, 2014

Busy not liking the Firetail

I’ve decided that I don’t much like the Firetail. I think it is underpowered for solo work. Two of us, both in arty Firetails, had a Vengeance tackled in a plex. After a couple of reloads we had to warp off due to incoming damage - we just couldn’t break him. Two of us!

Next, I found an arty Firetail who wanted to fight my Comet. I was in armour and halfway through my nanite charges in the repper when the controls stopped responding. You know that sinking feeling when you realise you have disconnected and it is just a matter of time before 'socket closed' pops up? I was sure that my pod would be popped (ouch) but hastily logged back in anyway. When I saw that the login screen was showing me as still in the Comet I thought it was just a cruel taunt.

But as grid loaded, there was the Firetail, still plinking away at my hull! I turned the repper back on, loaded Spike and drove him off. And then I killed him when he emerged from the station in an Atron. And I got his pod. I think he panicked instead of just redocking. Haha.

Atron: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23025067
Pod: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23025066

Having said that, this Firetail (http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23025065) had some nasty DPS. If this fit had something better than the nanofiber things may have ended differently.

Anyway, I think it is time for a change. Gallente Cruiser V is rapdidly ticking along so I am going to bring some new hulls in.

No comments:

Post a Comment