Friday, June 5, 2015

Oh, the injustice!

I have been the victim of an attempted suicide gank! Vicious and entirely unprovoked! Well, somewhat unprovoked. Actually, now that I think about it, entirely provoked. I have been the victim of an entirely justified suicide gank attempt!

I warped into a site which my combat probes promised would contain a Myrmidon. Sure enough, he was 75 km from the warp in, happily murdering the native rats. My steely glance fell upon his MTU, the natural prey of my Enyo assault frigate which the Myrmidon had carelessly deposited near the beacon. Zappity’s entry in local was soon adorned with a fetching yellow flashy skull.

The Myrmidon, perhaps lulled into a false sense of security by the distance between us, immediately opened fire. I quickly changed my trajectory to start with long spiral in but before I could get close he decided that valour was the better part and warped off. To the sun! I gave chase.

Unfortunately, my cunning adversary warped at range and I landed 100 km away. I quickly returned to the site and warped in at 100, only to find that he had disappeared despite still being on scan somewhere within 1 AU. I figured that he might try to pick up his MTU so I again returned to his site.

When I landed, he was not on grid but was still on the 1 AU scan. Was he already in the site? Or was he about to land? Decisions! And quickly! I entered the site.

Empty! But perhaps he won't think to check his d-scan. Patience... Sure enough, he arrived thirty seconds later, sliding majestically into the site and coming to a halt right on top of me.

Scram, web, orbit, kill drones. Ha! It was only a matter of time now. I was able to manage his damage easily and, although he was adept at pulling his drones when they were taking damage, I was steadily killing them off.

Still, after the missed opportunity with the small gang a couple of days earlier I had decided to bring along a logi alt in the form of Zappity’s cousin from marketing who is apparently on an extended secondment. I warped him in for practice in a cheap Navitas because I am a noob at logi and when he landed I set him to orbit at 20 km. But he was so clearly not required that I couldn't bring myself to press the button.

I was shocked, therefore, to hear him suddenly take damage from the Myrmidon! I double-checked and saw that the Myrmidon was now flashy red. And there were some new ships on grid, all serious looking with big guns. Ah, CONCORD.

I missed his pod but was still happy to take his convo when it arrived. I explained criminal vs suspect flags, I explained CONCORD, and I explained safeties. He was not impressed with me and vowed to take his revenge (yes, another one).

Hehe.

Myrm: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?eid=46970731

Video: http://youtu.be/aUAJm7To1SE

To be honest, I was disappointed with the outcome because it would have been much more satisfying to do the job myself. But the hunt was great fun!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. Started playing EVE recently, but couldn't get myself to play the whole ISK game to finance any sort of PvP, but reading of your adventures is great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete