Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Scrambled Moa

My next highsec adventure happened after spending a long time warping from target to target, most of whom heeded my sage advice and fled as soon as I landed. An exception was found in a particular Moa, probably because she was too busy being killed by the NPCs. I locked her out of idle curiosity and saw that she was in half hull and dropping fast. Probably preparing to warp out, I thought. And then I had another thought. This thought was about my warp scrambler.

Before I knew it, I had scrammed her. I can’t remember if I even shot her (probably) but she certainly popped:

Moa: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23661561

I looked her character sheet up and then I felt very bad. Ultra-noob. I felt even worse when I looked at the fit. No wonder she was in structure - no tank at all! I sent 15m which more than covered the loss as well as a reasonable PvE Moa fit with an explanation of the principles she should be trying to achieve with the mid slots and rigs. I also gave her a stern Lecture since the only thing that saved her pod was CONCORD jamming me. I received a brief reply thanking me. Under the circumstances I can understand her lack of verbosity.

The age of the character made me take a more careful look at the system I was haunting. I had made the mistake of thinking that ‘starter system’ and ‘rookie system’ were synonymous. They are not, and although Arnon is not a starter system (which I knew) it IS a rookie system (https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Rookie_Systems) because of the Sisters of EVE epic arc (which I did not know).

So if you want some mission runner baiting fun go and do it somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment