Sunday, August 3, 2014

Vengeance for a Vengeance

A blaster-fit Comet had viciously killed a corpie's Vengeance earlier in the day. Thoroughly uncalled for. I hunted him for a while and he eventually gave a fight. It was very close! I warped into the plex and he was waiting, drones and all, for me on the beacon. I felt the full brunt of his DPS while I slowly pulled range out to 7.5 km. And then I killed him while watching dscan for a small incoming T1 frigate gang.

Comet: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23292551

These guys were clearly hunting from plex to plex: Condor, Incursus and Rifter. The Incursus appeared first and although I was in poor shape I waited for him to come in, confident that I could outrun him if necessary. I checked for a suitable celestial (away from the beacon), aligned and locked him up. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to kill him before the Condor landed so I pulled out of scram range and scarpered.

I docked, repped and refilled the AAR before heading back out to chase them. The gang had already moved on but it didn't take me long to find them. The Condor and Rifter were loitering on a gate, evidently waiting for the Incursus, who was in a plex, to call them in.

The Condor unwittingly wandered into my scram range while I was holding cloak and I only just remembered the gate guns in time before pressing the button! Instead of dying in such a foolish manner I warped to 20 to a plex next to the one which held the Incursus. I then aligned back to the gate, hoping that the Condor would warp in at range.

But they were either disciplined or had no initiative and they just waited on the gate until the Incursus warped over and tackled me. Or was tackled by me, if you prefer! The Condor and Rifter appeared on short scan when I was halfway through the Incursus' armour. Happily, the Condor landed on top of me (he DID warp at range, although 'at range' would have actually been the gate at this stage) so I scrammed him and switched all DPS. He died quickly:

Condor: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23292552

I then switched back to the Incursus while locking up the Rifter. I expected him to run but he clearly wanted blood after the destruction of his colleagues! He stayed, so I killed him too.

Incursus: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23292553
Rifter: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23292554

I was in pretty bad shape by now but was happy with the last five minutes, even though the last three were clearly noobs. My only disappointment was that I didn't catch a pod! I probably could have caught one during the fight but was concentrating on the ships.

Video: http://youtu.be/g84KlAgc_ME

A little while later I was innocently sightseeing in the local systems when I saw a suspiciously new character in a Rifter at a plex. The killboard informed me of a ship plus pod losses which only steeled my resolve to make an example of the farmer. I docked, swapped my web out for a second scram, and warped in. An Atron decided to interrupt the proceeding when I was halfway through the Rifter’s armour and tackled me. The Rifter died quickly (http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23297313) but the Atron’s arrival was a decidedly unhappy turn of events since I did not have a web. But I couldn’t do much about it and tried to keep him at range as best I could. Surprisingly, he died! He could have disengaged at will or orbited me very effectively with his neutrons:

Atron: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23297312

Anyway, the really interesting bit happened just as I finished killing the Atron. An Incursus, piloted by a familiar name, landed on grid. Discretion, I’m afraid, was the better part of valour in this instance so I warped to the sun like a cowardly cuss where I was delighted to see the Rifter pilot’s pod! As I started locking him up the Incursus pilot landed next to me. Uh oh.

Unfortunately, the Incursus was piloted by a competent Cara Forelli who had followed me to the sun. I really should have used the emergency warp tab to pick a more obscure celestial. Before I could warp away I was tackled and dead. And what’s more, it was my own Incursus fit! The cheek of it!

Comet: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23297051

Good fights all round :)

No comments:

Post a Comment