Saturday, May 31, 2014

I land on a Novice acceleration gate in my rail Comet and spot a Tristan sitting at 140km. I can’t catch him at that distance so I jump into the plex and open the scanner window. I choose an unopened plex 20AU away and warp to it at 10, hoping the Tristan's curiosity would get the better of him.

When I land I immediately align back to the Novice and check short scan. Sure enough, a Tristan soon appears. He drops out of warp about 30 km from me (warped to 50 I think) so I overheat the burner and manage to land a scram. I don't know if he tried to get away - I suspect not.

This was a very close fight. Far too late I realised that a significant amount of damage was coming from his guns. I tried to increase my range from 5 up to 8km but was just about capped out. I hit structure and shut down the scram and burner for a couple of cycles, hoping my drones would finish him. We crept down in structure together, our reps delaying the inevitable for one of us.

And then I capped out. I hate that audio. "Your capacitor is empty." I manually activated the rails for one last attempt and happened to land a lucky shot, wrecking his hull! I was at 24% structure.

A sizable chunk of errors on my part meant this was a close fight. But against a very capable pilot, so what the hell!

Kill: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=22970757

No comments:

Post a Comment