Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I didn't want that Thorax anyway!

Not convinced that the last victory was not a fluke, I decide to venture forth in the Giant Incursus (I mean Thorax) again. I really want to find another Moa, or Giant Merlin as I have started to think of them, just to be sure. But what are the chances of that?

Well, just south of our little home I spotted another putative victim on scan. Hmm, not at a belt. Could he be ratting? Aha! Yes! But by the time I arrive all I see are wrecks and his dscan signature in another asteroid field. I sort my ‘belts’ overview by name and select the belt two below the current one, figuring that he would be on his way to it before long. Sure enough, we land at about the same time.

Well at least he isn’t PvE fit! I ignore his scram and web and move into a tight orbit, get all the things firing and droning and webbing and whatnot and watch as his shield starts to drop. And then go back up. And then drop again. And you get the picture. Active tank, probably XLASB, but are there one or two of them? Only one, it appears as he suddenly drops into armor and then hull. Another one bites the dust.

Moa: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23169244

Now I want to find a different type of cruiser to fight. I am guessing that an armour electron fit is not going to be quite versatile enough for proper solo work but let’s see.

And, there! Just before downtime I spot a cruiser gang in a plex: Thorax, Omen, Curse. I try and bait them into splitting up but they aren't having a bar of it. And so i jump in anyway, keen to have a crack. Surely my newly designed indestructible Thorax can beat a measly three cruisers!

The Curse rapidly neuts me out but I'm not too concerned about that since i have a cargo hold full of charges. I choose the Thorax, thinking that he is the most likely to want to brawl. I doubt I will be able to catch a ship that doesn't want to with two or three webs on me. Sure enough, he comes close and I immediately break his shield and start working through his armour.

Unfortunately, I forget that I have two reppers, and only fire up the ancillary when I am already in hull. Far too late!

Thorax: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=23176671

I didn't want that Thorax anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment